Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jeb Hawkes: Super Mutant Baby Monster


Now I'm a huge Count Petofi mark but I must say that Jeb Hawkes is an interesting adversary for the Collins clan...Christopher Pennock does a fantastic job of portraying a 12-year-old in a man's body. My favorite part was when he just walked up to Carolyn in her backyard and was like, "Hi. Remember me? I'm Jebese Hawkes. Let's go get married, bitch."

Ok...that's not really what he said but he might as well have. I guess I don't really understand what he planned to do to her once he got her up in his room and took on his "true form." Of course, I'm pretty sure the writers of the show didn't know either which is why Quentin interrupted the marriage ceremony.

So I was sitting watching some DS, deciding what I thought about Jeb and I thought to myself, He's a fairly decent bad guy, but he's missing something...he needs something to really kick him up a few notches to "ultimate super villain" status. And then I realized what he needed...he needed Aristede in a giant fur coat...and then BAM!

ENTER BRUNO!

Oh man, now the Leviathans mean business. The thing I like about DS is the fact that the same actor will play nearly the exact same character from a previous storyline just with a different name. In this case, I wouldn't have even cared if they simply brought back Aristede and the Dancing Girl without ever explaining why or how he got there.

After all, awesomeness requires no explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment